Things to do
- startup bypasses or startup logic
- all trips to be rated by "trip impact" and changed to 2oo3
- keep model numbers consistent to lower spare stock requirements
- analog modbus communication to use 32bit float registers where possible to avoid scaling issues.
- On single point of failure trips, look at adding a 1 to 2 sec PV filter or time delay to avoid spurious trips
- Review flows on Gas streams to see if it is needed in Actual or Standard and adjust DCS accordingly
- On control valve trips with solenoids, make sure DCS controller is changed to MAN and SP\output sent to 0
- standardize network communication hardware (fiber mode and protocols, 100\1GB, etc)
- For Compressor Pkg shutdowns, we should have a Process Trip and a ESD Trip separate
- Check all AO signals to determine if they are HART AO's or Standard AO's
- Establish Low Flow Cutoffs for Flows
- wire tags should be formatted so that the load is obvious. 5NTW1234-5OJB-3 doesn't mean anything. suggested is a sequential number suffixed by the load description. for example - 132415-GTA-VIM
- sole source risk - vendor cannot provide engineered item and time is lost. example is exotic on off valves.
- squareroot function in dcs or transmitter?
- provide more lighting in high maintenance areas.
- need a junction box location plan. that only shows junction boxes on a plot plan. reference dominion "jb location.pdf"
- all pdf's need to be text searchable